My Ranch

My Ranch

Friday, January 23, 2015

God's Country

The main thing I love about hunting is being out in the woods away from the city in the peace and quiet of the country. Even when it's not hunting season I like to go out on my grandparents ranch and ride my quad or go on a walk usually with a gun to shoot small animals that don't have a season for hunting them, but I like to just sit down every once in a while and just look at the beautiful country I get to live in. When you're in the city you don't see the sunrise or the sunset or the morning fog that rolls through valley, nobody sees that in the city and they don't know what they are missing. If you get up at 6:00 am like I do to go hunting, me and my dad start walking before the sun rises and before any animals are awake so we see everything come to life when the sun rises.

We never see any deer until after the sun rises around 8:00 am when they come out to get warmed up in the sun. Bucks don't start to come out for another couple hours after all the does are out and are already eating. The time we see the most bucks are after hunting season when bucks are in the rut and they're looking for does. Every so often the fog makes it up to our ranch in the morning and blocks our view from everything while we're hunting and we have to wait for the sun to come up and break through the fog. The place i love to be the most is on our ranch where the fog rolls through the valley in the morning and it gets warm when the sun comes up.

3 comments:

  1. I want to learn more about hunting and where to go. What you think is the funnest animal to go hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn more about hunting and where to go. What you think is the funnest animal to go hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great story. I love the pictures. I also like to go to my grandpas ranch and ride quads. Its very nice to get away from all the traffic and all the stuff that happens in town.

    ReplyDelete